- CRP Membership Application (DOC)
- CRP Membership Application (PDF)
- If you prefer to apply using a paper application, please email your completed application to [email protected] or mail it to 4141 B St. Suite 204, Anchorage, AK 99503
What is the CRP?
- The Alaska Citizen Review Panel (CRP) is an independent panel of volunteers from throughout the State of Alaska who evaluates how the state and local child protection system agencies are effectively discharging their protection responsibilities.
- The panel meets online and in-person throughout the year in order to set priorities, consult with the Office of Children’s Services, and produce an annual report that is submitted to OCS and distributed to legislators, non-profits, tribal organizations, and other interested parties.
- The panel also conducts virtual and in-person site visits to communities throughout the state in order to assess how child protection is being carried out in the different OCS regions. During these site visits, panelists strive to meet with local and statewide child protection agencies, foster parents, law enforcement, tribal groups, and others involved in child and family services.
Benefits of CRP membership:
- Provide input into how child protection services are being conducted in your area.
- Help improve child and family services throughout the state.
- Get experience working in the protective services arena and meet others in the field.
- Become part of panel leadership and get the chance to present on CRP work to government, non-profit, and other sectors.
- Get the chance to travel to both urban and rural areas across the state. (on-hold during COVID-19)
Roles, Responsibilities + Time Commitment:
The Citizen Review Panel members are expected to become active participants and engage meaningfully in the duties of Panel. These responsibilities are outlined through the DRAFT Citizen Review Panel Policies and Procedures document.
Applicants are asked to review the DRAFT Citizen Review Panel Policies and Procedures document. You will be asked to verify that you have reviewed this document before submitting your application.